Friday, March 29, 2013

Required for retail operations in the business meeting because you cant get fired because I have a church?

Request merely by A M: can I get fired because I cant make a mandatory work meeting for my retail job because I have church?

I work at the mall at a shoe place. Every Sunday morning the have a “mandatory meeting”. Ive been raised in a religious family and have always gone to church. Now because of the meeting I cant make it to church and my work said if I dont come to the meeting I will be fired. Is this legal?


This is really guidance on can I get fired because I cant make a mandatory work meeting for my retail job because I have church? which you can should really clear up concerns with their. With some luck this will assist you in many ways… and then make the way you live considerably better. Who wish guidance on can I get fired because I cant make a mandatory work meeting for my retail job because I have church? is likely to be simple solution over the years.

Best answer:


Answer by Tatum

I don’t think that’s legal because of religious rights, but I wouldn’t take my word for it. You could ask someone who knows the law. Maybe a police officer, judge, attorney? Good luck. As a fellow Christian, if this is legal, I definitely think it shouldn’t be.


Answer by Brian

This is an interesting question and I’m sure someone will have a legal answer. However, as a manager I experienced this and our HR department had a few questions before making a decision to terminate. First was there a known requirement that you would be required to attend meetings on Sundays prior to you being hired. Second was there a way the employee could be taken care of (ex. there are meetings he/she can attend on another day that doesn’t clash with church). If you knew you would have to attend meetings on Sunday and took a job I think your employer may be able to terminate (I preface this with I am not and HR manager). Good luck


Answer by Al

unless you have a contract with them that says that you can have time off to attend church you will probably get fired unless you are a top sales producer. You might try to work something our with your manager. Otherwise you’re probably toast… Good luck…


Answer by Rob

depends entirely where u live.

some places = yes

some places = no.

sounds like u want to go on saturday evening services.

or find new work.


Answer by x.W

It seems that this would infringe upon your freedom of religion,

But I’m not your boss, he might fire you anyway.


Answer by michr

yes this is legal…..


requiring you to work is NOT illegal discrimination based on religion

see:

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/religion.cfm


Answer by T H E

Yes you can be fired and yes I hope you are. You applied for the job, you had no intentions of working on Sunday. You can make it to the meeting, you just do not want to. Goodness me what else do you want an exemption from because of your religion. I am sure there are other church times and churches you can go to. It is your choice and your problem; not your employer’s. You are there to serve your employer if you want to serve anyone else do it on your own time.

TATUM – you need to understand the real world legal system; a police officer only deals with a very small section of criminal law. The master and servant relationship of employer and employee is civil law; nothing to do with dumb ass cops sweetie.


Answer by JAMES K

Any legitimate job will have concessions based upon Religious Observance. Speak first with your Manager. If that accomplishes nothing, take the matter (in reasonable tones) to the next level, ultimately to Human Resources for the company that owns the store.

I am sure that, if you lay your issue out, you will not need to go much beyond your immediate manager.


Do NOT just take the time off without telling anyone or making arrangements. That IS grounds for termination.


If all else fails, then offer up your work as Service to God and see what hours you can attend Church that do not conflict with your employment.

God does not want you to lose your employment and future potential employment.


Be sure a lot better?

Add your own personal answer in the comments!


Single Conference ” Your Mate Should Help You Not Hinder You”


North Korean Mass Dance


Visual simply by North Korean Mass Dance


Ladies dancing with ladies in Pyongyang, North Korea – sources informed us that all the men were out building houses in the countryside to help meet some grand initiative deadline that the government had set and was woefully behind on.

Please check out my new North Korea blog:

americaninnorthkorea.com


Required for retail operations in the business meeting because you cant get fired because I have a church?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive