Friday, March 29, 2013

Social Security disability to get an apartment?

Idea courtesy of Ambriel Willow: Getting an apartment on Social Security Disability?

Hello. I am 25 years old and had to have my left leg amputated below the knee due to a wreck. I am on Social Security Disability in Mississippi and was wondering if anyone could feel me in on this…

Can I get an apartment with a room-mate without them dropping my disability down? We will be splitting the cost of everything. I need some help around the house so a room-mate is needed and I am 25, so of course I am ready to try to carry-on with my life as best I can at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

*fill* me in.. not feel. My apologies.

Thanks so much for the help everyone. I really appreciate it!!


That’s learn about Getting an apartment on Social Security Disability? that you may possibly prefer to resolve problems on their own. Hopefully this will help to in many ways: and make yourself significantly better. Praying learn about Getting an apartment on Social Security Disability? might be an alternative in the foreseeable future.

Solution:


Answer by Mike P

As someone who is familiar with government regualtions it is my most forceful suggestion that you call your local social security administration and pose the question. Look, the last thing you want is to run afoul of them on a technicality. To calm you it is my sense that your roommate plans are totally fine but you need to prtoect your income and that is done by checking with them on a matter of this nature.


Be sure to highlight that the roommate is a “helpmate” as you are infirmed with one leg. This is pivotal information.


Answer by D N

As long as your roommate isn’t going to claim you as a dependent on their tax forms or FAFSA, they won’t be at all involved in your disability status. If Mississippi happens to have any local programs that require you to submit proof of actual living costs, just write up a contract with a roommate agreeing that you can rent a room from him/her for $ X (whatever your half of the costs have been).


Answer by Liberal 4 Bloomberg 2012

I’m sorry about what happened to you, hun. Yes you can get an apartment on SS. You’ll probably split on almost everything depending on how your roommate is. If I were you I would apply for Section 8, get my own apartment and then look for a roommate. I’m on SS and SSI right now because of mental illness and I live with my mom, but if I didn’t have a fiancee I would let you stay with me for free cause you’re hot. yourself write within ways want sure SSI SS Social Security Disability Social Security Social Security need money life house home help happened food FAFSA disability difference call apartment Ambriel Willow Getting Social Security disability to get an apartment? httpcatholichelpmate blogspot com


Answer by Rosebud

My Down’s Syndrome brother who is also in a wheel chair lives with me because he needs help, of course. And, they haven’t cut his payment. What’s the difference if you were to go live in a group home or your own home. You need money to live. Rent, food, clothes, etc. And, I would hope the government would know, it would be almost impossible to live on that check alone each month without help from friends or family.


Have any idea a lot better?

Add your individual answer within the comments!


The Ford F 350 7.3 Powerstroke Dually Diesel Truck


Photograph by way of The Ford F 350 7.3 Powerstroke Dually Diesel Truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


It’s just a truck


Social Security disability to get an apartment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive