Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Will my employer I will be and is not a “mandatory meeting” while if need be paid?

Trouble basically by JMC: If my employer requires me to be at a “mandatory meeting” while I am not scheduled to work do I get paid?

Is it illegal for my employer to require me to be at a “mandatory meeting” while I am not scheduled to work and not pay me for my time there?

… I am an hourly employee in the state of Michigan. I am scheduled to work 7:30am-3:30pm and am required to come back to work at 6:00pm for a mandatory meeting which my employer refuses to pay any employee for their time at this meeting.


This will be exactly about If my employer requires me to be at a “mandatory meeting” while I am not scheduled to work do I get paid? that you will be compelled to clear up troubles without some help. Simply it will aid in several ways; and making everything much better. With the expectation exactly about If my employer requires me to be at a “mandatory meeting” while I am not scheduled to work do I get paid? is likely to be an answer in the coming years.

Most practical answer:


Answer by batraylover

Are you a salary employee? If so, then no it’s not illegal as you are on your employers time not your own. If you are an hourly employee the law varies from state to state but in most states your employee is required to compensate you. I would ask your employer about it, and if he refuses to compensate you, you could always push the issue in small claims court, but don’t count on keeping your job if you do!


Answer by ?

check with personell office hons. most companies do some dont.


Answer by michr

a non-exempt employee MUST be paid for all hours worked, a mandatory meeting is work hours


Understand or know greater?

Add your individual answer on the comments!


http://www.preparingtobeahelpmeet.com Being a good help meet starts long before marriage. It is a mindset, a learned habit, a way of life established as a yo…


Will my employer I will be and is not a “mandatory meeting” while if need be paid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive